Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cheers to August

Summer is almost over and yet it feels like just yesterday it all started.  It feels as though just yesterday I was minding my own business and my sister made a decision to move to St. Louis, MO to further her career in Youth Ministry.  Just yesterday my mom sat us down and told us she has breast cancer.  Just yesterday my dad shared with us he needed to have spinal surgery in order to regain the feeling in his left arm.  Just yesterday it was my birthday.  Just yesterday my little sister moved, my mom had a mastectomy, my dad was playing the guitar and today I am thankful for everything that has happened but it has all happened so quickly.

Why does time go by so fast?  Why does everything have to happen all at once?  All I know is that things happen for a reason and sometimes we might not be able to ever figure out what the reasons are or why, but we have to move forward.

I am at the hospital with Mom to take care of an infection she has been battling since her procedure earlier this summer.  Once this infection leaves her poor healing body she can move on to her chemo therapy plan.  It is an out patient surgery, and she was able to go in earlier this afternoon instead of early this evening.  We can only hope that this is the last surgery she will need before her reconstruction surgery next year.  Mom is a trooper and takes everyday with a grain of salt.

Chemo plan is as follows: 3 weeks of chemo and then a week off for 6 months.  Not too bad.  Following her chemo she will have radiation for 4-6 months.  Keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers, they are all appreciated!

On a lighter note, I recently got to see my best friend GG!!  It was so nice to catch up.  We have really never gone more than a few weeks of seeing on another. However, this summer has been insane and almost 2 months had gone by since E and GG were able to reunite.  It felt so good to talk and be ridiculous with her.

In addition, I was able to have breakfast with my other bestie, Natasha and caught up with her over some yummy bagels at Einstein Bagels.  We talked about my little godson and how freakin' cute he is and about life and dealing with stuff one day at a time :)

At the end of the month I will be celebrating a 10 year anniversary with my best guy friend, Ethan.  It will be the party of the year, with games, E and E trivia and other surprises too!!  We are awful planners, but thanks to Kaytee, Ethan's wife, I know it will be amazing!

Peace and chicken grease,
E

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good thoughts and feelings E. We love you and are always there for you. ~Natasha

    ReplyDelete