Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Thanksgiving!

I am so thankful for my friends and family!

I had a fantastic weekend with my family and friends.  I could def. have not asked for a more enjoyable weekend.  My sister and I traveled from house to house to visit our parents, family and friends.  Thursday, we spent it with Granny, Mom and Bobby.  We ordered a WEGMANS Thanksgiving!  This year we decided that Mom should get a year off and either we make the meal, go out to eat or order out.  Wegmans it was!  How could we go wrong?  It was quite tasty.  However, nothing beats mom's green bean casserole and her awesome seven layer salad, but we will eat it again later down the road.  Eli and I can also learn mom's recipe and make it ourselves one year!

Eli and I enjoy visiting with our friends over the holidays.  With Eli's busy schedule in the Fellows program there were many people to catch up with.  Eli finally got to meet little Vito!  How exciting!  We also jumped over to the Hixson's house and played Taboo with them.  The game is def fun with loads of people and the whole Hixson family was there enjoying the game of boys vs. girls!  Guess who won, GIRLS!  We love winning!

Friday we spent the whole day running around with our brothers and watching Harry Potter.  Eli and I were debating to take Lucas to go see the latest movie and finally concluded it would be too rough and scary for him.  Lucas has had nightmares before and it is awful to shake them out.  Once it is on DVD it might be easier for him, because we can fast forward the scarier parts if needed.

Papi made awesome empandas with yuca.  We ate so much.  I have probably put on about 20 lbs this past weekend for sure.  My jeans were fitting snug this morning!  Papi also played his guitar while we watched the movie, but we are so used to this that we can drain it out at times.  LOL, he is good, but he loves to be with us and play his guitar even if we are asleep or watching movies!

My brothers are growing up so fast.  It is such a blessing they live so close now so that we can watch them grow up.  I love spending time with them, because I know the awkward stage is near and they might not enjoy it as much, even though I hope they do.  I def. look forward to seeing them on Christmas morning opening their presents.

No holiday weekend should be missing out on game night at the Gunnings!  I love competition, as most of you know.  A few nights before, I lost in two games of scrabble.  One was a practice round, because GG's cousin D was visiting and I had never played with him before.  The second I was really tired... However, our friend Kelly ended up winning both games!  This was a bit sad...  but I have won plenty before, I will make my comeback for sure!!

About two months ago, we went to Paul and Abby's and played an awesome cut throat game of monopoly...  Abby won that night, it was cool, we were cool with that win... Well, it was time for a re-match this past weekend!  We started the game at about 7:15 pm and the game ended at like 11:30 pm...  GUESS WHO WON???

ME!

I needed this win guys, I NEEDED IT!

Overall had a blast of a Thanksgiving holiday and like my GG says, "it takes a village to make a family".  I would not trade any of the people in my life for anything!  To top it off I got to see Harry Potter 7 Part 1 again, it was even better the second time around!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment