Friday, November 12, 2010

My Godson, Vito is HERE!



Welcome to the world Victor Roberto Valencia!  Watch out world, Victor is going to be amazing and make his mark in this world :).  A while ago Natasha and I were talking about his name and decided that Victor Roberto was such a huge name for a baby.  Vi- Victor, to- Roberto= VITO!  Since then we have been talking about what will Vito look like.  Well finally on November 9, 2010 at 9:57 pm, Vito came into the world, eyes wide open!

The day before Vito was born I had the best sleep of the year!  As you know I have recently been using a night guard, and I have still had some tension in my jaw most mornings with this thousand dollar contraption.  A week ago my cousin Trish recommend I sleep on my back with my head propped on two pillows.  She too has a night guard and said that sleeping in this position has helped her.  I have been attempting to do this for the last week.  I am more comfortable on my side or stomach, but finally the night before Vito was born I had the best sleep EVER and no tension in my jaw the morning of the 9th.  Woke up that morning and ate a great breakfast, no rushing to get out the door.  I had a staff meeting that I thought started at 9 am to find out it started at 10 am.  Things were going well and then....

TEXT MESSAGES:

Natasha- 8:52 am
"I think my water broke... Maybe"

Eva- 8:54 am
"OMG"

NO ANSWER

"You want me to head over?"
"Tasha call me before I leave for work"

Phone call from Natasha...

"I am heading over to the hospital with my mom.  We are going to check and see if my water really broke."

WOW!  So I was pumped as you can tell!!  I knew that I had to go to this meeting.  Natasha knew I requested off work so I could be with her and Berto at the hospital, because I am the GODMOTHER!  As soon as I heard the confirmation of the water breaking I headed straight over.

It felt like forever, but Natasha and I played UNO and Canasta as we waited to see what would happen next.  This helped keep her mind off things but not for the whole time.  Contractions were coming one right after another for her once they gave her the pitocin... and it was a trying time from there on.  Hours and hours later, Little Buddy came out after chillin' in the canal for sometime.  Vito is def. night owl.  His daddy likes to call it Vito's Happy Hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment