Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Mama

As many of you know, my mom has recently been diagnosed with early stages of breast cancer.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

My mom is a fighter and I know that everything will go well.  She has been very well informed of the process and the post operation goals.  She will be having a mastectomy and then followed by reconstructive surgery after a few months.  My mom is a very strong, strong woman and hearing her tell my sister and I about this whole situation was one of the hardest conversations she has ever had to have with us.  With my mom being so well informed about what breast cancer entails for her, makes both my sister and I very confident about being with her through this process knowing that everything will be just fine.



During these past few weeks everything has been so up in the air about when she will go in for surgery and finally we have the date, June 23rd.  My family, Eli, Bobby and I will be there the day of to support her.  Since we got the date my sister has canceled her move to St. Louis to be here for my mom post op, and to see her back on her feet.  Eli and I will be road trippin' the weekend of July 4th instead of this upcoming weekend.

I will keep you all posted, but in the meantime, please visit my mom's blog, where she goes into more details about her procedure.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dalizasalas/createorsignin

You do have to log in!

No comments:

Post a Comment