Sunday, October 10, 2010

One Thing After Another!

My weekend was fun, eventful and interesting all in one.

Positives first:

1. Had the most delicious lunch Friday with my former co-worker, Angie (who has one of the cutest babies ever- I LOVE ALEX).  We went to the Olive Garden and talked about work, life and of course Alex.  I continue to make fun of her because I feel like she never lets her baby go outside of the house.  Angie is paranoid that he could catch some crazy, nasty virus from a crowd of people... note, he has not had his shots.  I cannot wait for him to face the real world!!  We had a blast and I look forward to meeting up with her again very soon.  Keep her in your prayers, she goes back to work this week and it will be tough to get into her grove since she has been full-time mama these past 8 weeks.

2. Got to hang out with my brothers!  While hanging out with them, it always makes me think about how similar Lucas and Matthew are to Eli and I.  Just look at these pictures, it says it all.


Honestly, they are carbon copies of us.  Matthew wants to go to JMU and Lucas wanted to go to GMU.  SO glad they have goals.  We also had a chance to meet up with Eli at Fairfax High School for a field hockey game.  Her host family's daughter plays for McLean and she is a senior.  Obviously Eli was supporting her team, even though we went to FHS.  The boys were ver excited to see her, since it has been some time.

Favorite conversation this past weekend with them was as follows:

Eva:  Guys we are having dinner with Shirin tonight, you guys remember her, she is Koo's cousin.
Lucas:  Oh yeah, I know her.
Matthew:  Okay!

Eva:  Remember how I told you Koo and I are not together anymore?
Both:  What??

--- OR DID I NOT TELL THEM??----

Eva:  Well, we are not.  We are still really good friends.  That is why you have not seen him.  (PS- they have been asking about him none stop, I could have sworn I told them).

Lucas:  Oh that is because he must be with Eli now.
Eva:  **Laughing**  Um, no.  That is not what happened.

Hysterical right?  It is very interesting how they think and then Matthew was just trying to keep up, poor guy.  We ended up having a great dinner at Red Robin.

3. Shopping /Taco Night with my bestest from another mother, Lauren.  Bought some very nice (on sale) items at Express, and we not once felt an ounce of guilty for purchasing these amazing articles of clothing.  Lauren should really be Puerto Rican, but she is not.  It has been a rough week...  month... YEAR for the both of us and taco night was well over due for the two of us.  We dined with my roommate Jeni, drank red wine and enjoyed watching WHEN IN ROME.  (Not a five star, but entertaining).

4. Enjoyed having some time with my niece and nephew.  Gwen and Zander.  They are just as precious and entertaining I must say.  Zander calls everyone "MAMA" and Gwen loves to boss him around, that's my niece!  I cannot believe how much they have grown.  It is unreal how time flies by.

5. Hanging out with my GG and Eileenie watching The Pacific.  I am one lucky girl to have such awesome friends.  When we all have the opportunity to get together we take advantage.  I love that!  I am super grateful for the people in my life.



Negative things:

1. I am itching like CRAZY around the wound that is forming into a scab.  It is so unbearable that I had to have several glasses of red wine the other night just to stop the itching.

2. I got a speeding ticket...  BAH!  It has been 2 years and 6 month of pure good luck and then the POLICE stop me, when I was minding my own BUSINESS.

3. Could not go to a friends birthday party, because I needed to be off my foot.


I have to say, the positives supersede the negatives, maybe this is a sign of my luck changing for the better.  Thinking more positively feels better.  This will be a good week, I can feel it in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment