Sunday, October 3, 2010

Silly Rain

It all started with the rain...


Thursday morning I woke up on time for the first time in a long time.  I had my eggs with coffee, as per usual, but this time I was able to enjoy it while working on some notes for work.  When I was done, I grabbed my water bottle and filled it up (as I do every morning) and picked up the files for work and headed for the door.  I put my new nine west silver heels on, so excited because this was the second day they has been outside and they had yet to hurt my feet.  

I opened the door to rain...  silly, stupid, nasty rain.  Closed the door, put stuff down and got my raincoat from my room.  It was silly to do this because I do have an umbrella, but it was in the car, no help.  Picked up all the things again, files, water bottle and my purse.  Went outside, covered my head with my right hand, like this would help me not get wet, and quickly walked down the stairs.  On the last two steps, my right heel got stuck on fold/hem of my left pant leg.  As you can tell things from this point on did not go so well...


I thought that with my files in hand to prevent them from getting wet I could hop on my left foot to keep from falling.  With that awesome plan I would then attempt not to fall.  PAH!  Hopped two times and got the right foot free, but the shoe went flying and I slipped in a puddle of rain because of my left foot on the sidewalk.  I scrapped my right foot up to the ankle.  Mind you my files went flying, pants are soaked and I was laughing hysterically because it was all so unreal.

Went to work anyway...  bleeding... called one of my bestest, GG to fill her in, because it was so unbelievable and I was still laughing, which GG would completely appreciate!  I did not complain with her on the phone, just gave her the play by play informing her that no one was there but that it happened and it was crazy!

At work I cleaned it at work while my assistant got me band aids.  I completely ignored my left foot because I felt a little cramp in it and I figured I would go without shoes in the office for a bit.  Went to a meeting in the later afternoon, put my shoes on, left shoe would not go on because my foot was so swollen.  I attended my meeting and with every step I took I shed a tear, but I was bound determine to take every step with pride.  

At 6 pm went to the hospital FINALLY to find out that I sprained my left foot pretty bad and the scab that was forming on my right was the size of Africa and was and is so very uncomfortable.  Smart doctors gave my a boot, still could not walk, then they threw in the crutches... boo.


Friday I had a dentist appointment.  I know what you are thinking, could anything good happen at the dentist?  Well, it has been about 3 years since I have actually been to the dentist.  (I just recently got my dental plan in action with work).  My dad "Papi" took me because I really had no business driving yet.  OBVIOUSLY.  Papi loves the dentist, or should I say, loves the work that dentists do.  Teeth are a very big deal in my family.  Filled out paperwork for the dentist and then headed back to the hygienist.  SIDE NOTE:  I have been experiencing some really bad TMJ and it has been killing me these past few weeks.  Anyways, the hygienist said I had great dental hygiene, which made me feel great :).  BUT THEN she asked me if she could take a picture of my dark tooth.  Yes, I have a dark tooth, which I my self wondered about... Apparently, the dentist, (who was Iranian) said that I had some kind of trauma to my tooth and that there is a fracture in the back of is.  WTF!


Made my appointment for Saturday morning to meet with Dr. Akerman to see the results of the millions of xrays they took, as it was my first time with this office and to speak to him about my TMJ issue.  My appointment was early in the morning, so I asked my roomie to take me.


Saturday morning comes around... I finally meet with Dr. Akerman, and this was the first part of the conversation:


"Hello Eva, nice to meet you."
"Hello, thank you for seeing me this morning."


"Open your mouth, let us take a look."  As soon as I open, Dr. says, "OH MY, What is up with that dark tooth?"
I was so embarassed!  I slapped him on the arm, I know I should not have but I was shocked.
I said, "Um, jeez, it is that bad?"


"I am sorry, we should take a picture of it."
"You should have one on file, my tooth posed for it yesterday."



I was so bummed... 



Come to find out, I have a dead tooth.  Yes, the tooth is dead.  I will need a root canal...  FML!  PLUS, they took modelings for the night guard for the TMJ...


Here is a list of the following things that also need to be done:


2 replacement cavitites
whitening to the tooth after the root canal
mouth piece for my TMJ
Invisiline (sp)- which I might wait another year or two, because these issues are more important.




To end the evening... I went to a movie with mom and bob (step dad), and right in the last 15 minutes the fire alarm went off.  So with my crutches, we walked out of there in a a hustle and bustle.   I hobbled down three flights of stairs with my mom while others raced quickly to the exit.  "Should have waited for the cute fireman to save me." (Amber sent me a message with that statement).




What will next weekend hold?

No comments:

Post a Comment